SPOILERS! 'Avengers: Infinity War' Discussion

04:14


Oh boy. Well, if you've seen my review of Avengers Infinity War that I posted last week, you'll know I liked it, a lot. As do the audiences and critics it seems, with many calling this Marvel's best movie. Eh... I don't know about that one, but as you may have noticed I had to keep well away from spoilers, obviously, and I'll admit it is quite hard to review this film without doing so. That being said, I've decided to put up a spoiler discussion for you all, so if you haven't seen it I wouldn't recommend reading this until you have seen it, so come back after! Or if you're just not bothered and don't mind, read ahead.


So wow. What an ending. In a moment I was not expecting at all, the bad guy won. It was a totally surreal moment for me, and upon seeing it twice it hurt even more a second time round. Black Panther, Bucky, Groot, Starlord, you name it, all disappeared into ash as Thanos wiped out half of the universe. All that were left of our main heroes were Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Banner, Rhodey, Black Widow, Rocket and Nebula. And somewhere else out there, Hawkeye and Ant-Man (presumably).
For Avengers 4 I reckon that the OG Avengers will fight their final fight before handing the torch to Dr. Strange and co, as these characters are obviously going to come back (Spider-Man has a sequel in 2019) and I'd say that according to our post-credits scene Captain Marvel will be there to give a helping hand.

And we lost a lot of our heroes (and villains) before Thanos snapped his fingers. Heimdall died in the first ten minutes, as did Loki, although I'm inclined to believe he'll be back, he's done it once before! Then we lost Vision, twice in fact, but I reckon he'll show up again, due to the fact that Shuri took his consciousness thingy away before been blasted at by the Black Order. And then, in one of the sadder scenes of the film, Gamora was sacrificed by her father for the soul stone, in a crushing moment where our big bad Thanos sheds a tear. Again though, I'm inclined to believe she'll be back. One thing I would want to happen in the future is understand why Thanos loves Gamora so much. It's strange that the film showed us a glimpse of the beginning of their relationship but not much else. Fingers crossed this gets explored further.


One thing that raised my eyebrows was that of Dr. Strange's choice to give up the time stone to allow Tony to live. Now why on earth would he do that? Well to me, that one universe where the heroes win is a universe where Tony lives. It's an interesting debate and I totally see why Strange would do this, and if I'm right, the next film could go onward in an interesting way. Also, speaking of the good doctor, what happened to our boy Wong? Has he died too? And Shuri, we never saw if she evaporated. One thing that has really bugged me however it the opening of the film, with the attack on the Asgardian refugee ship. Where are Valkyrie and Korg? Now Thor does tell the Guardians later on that half of his people survived, so there is a possibility that they're with them. But I didn't want to be told that! I wanted to see this. I wanted to see the chaos and destruction and these two get away with the Asgardians at least, so we have some actual closure. Asgard is a people? Meh. Way to ignore Thor Ragnarok and it's great little ending idea, writers of Infinity War. 
Hmph.

And whilst we're on the subject of complaining... can we talk about Elizabeth Olsen's awful accent? Like it wasn't great to start, but in the last two movies it was at least consistent. In this its awful! All of the performances in this film are good, other than hers. She sounds like her normal American self and I felt like that was possibly down to her living in America and getting used to the accent... until she started doing her Russian one later. Twas awful.

That's that though. I'm eagerly anticipating Avengers 4 in a year to come, and I'm speculating a lot. Between that we have Ant-Man and the Wasp, and the one I'm looking most forward to, Captain Marvel. They've definitely peaked with this one, so here's hoping Marvel can only top this great thrill ride of a movie.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Published Work

Examining Edgar

For me, comedy films these days have really lost their way. Whether that’s down to actors, bad scripts or, in general, unfunniness, the...