E3 2018: The Top Five (For Me)

08:25


Here we are again folks, E3 time! The biggest convention for all of your gaming news and announcements is back and this year has been a truly excitable one indeed. From Halo to Death Stranding, there's been plenty to pick from for highlights... but these are mine, some that I'm somewhat intrigued for, and some that I'm somewhat super excited for. Let's get into it shall we?


Assassins Creed Odyssey
Alright so this one is a bit of a struggle for me to decide on. While I love the setting and the idea of Spartans and such (Ancient Greece looks beautiful) the gameplay shows this as being quite the same as Origins, the last game. It just seems like a reskin, and there doesn't seem to be that much... Assassin stuff. I do like the RPG aspects welcomed into this one though, and the choice of characters and romancing, but I'm not sure if that'll be enough to keep me interested. I'll keep my eyes on this one.


Forza Horizon 4
So I've never been a big player of the Horizon games, but from what I have played of them, they've been viciously fun. The worlds are always interesting, and the forth instalment looks just as being set in... England. Yes! The trailer showed off some beautiful looking countryside and English villages, as well as some fun looking cars that tie the world together. Count me in.


Spider-Man
It's almost here! The game has already had so much revealed about it considering it's out in September, but some nice new gameplay footage was shown at Sony's conference with the reveal of some classic Spider-Man villains including an amazingly designed Electro. While it does look very Batman: Arkham Asylum, it still looks as though it's going to be a very unique and exciting set-up for a new franchise of Spidey games.



Fallout 76
When this was announced a couple of weeks ago, I was buzzing, being such a massive fan of the Fallout series. Then, when Bethesda brought this to E3, I was even more buzzing. With a map 4x the size of that in Fallout 4, set in West Virginia - what more could be as exciting? The multiplayer was confirmed and my excitement... it wore off a little. Unfortunately we won't have NPC's in this large sprawling world and that really annoys me. I don't mind multiplayer but a single player option would be nice, I don't want always online, that sucks! Needless to say I'll still play this game, but I hope that it may change my mind for the good before it's November release.


Cyberpunk 2077
Holy mother of god. This game looks stunning. From the developers of The Witcher 3, widely considered as one of the best RPG's out there, Cyberpunk 2077 will be a futuristic Sci-Fi RPG, being a first-person shooter too. While details are still scarce this looks like every Blade Runner maniac's dream (me) and I can't wait to see more of it in the future.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Published Work

Examining Edgar

For me, comedy films these days have really lost their way. Whether that’s down to actors, bad scripts or, in general, unfunniness, the...