E3 2017: Why I'm Excited For Gaming Again

11:14


I haven't spoke too much about gaming on this blog yet, apart from my article on the closeness that gaming has with cinema nowadays. In fact, I haven't played much recently. Everything that has come out recently I've just felt very bored with, so I got a PS4 to see what else I could play. It has been a case of me going back to play games I've already played because nothing has taken my fancy and things have just gotten stale. I enjoy playing my favourite games, but sequels seem to just do the same things and I want something new from them, such as new settings, more interesting narratives and something that will be great to pass the time. And so, E3 came to us this week, and needless to say, I was excited. I was excited to sit down and start gaming once again.

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 got to me first, and due to the disappointment of the first game I felt like this was going to be something to appease the fans that complained and gave as much criticism as I did. But it does look great, and it actually looks like they've decided to listen to what we have to say. Space battles, multiple eras (that Naboo footage looks amazing!) and of course - a campaign. A new story with some fresh faces and some amazing looking visuals. This could be a massive step up. Oh and did I mention the DLC will be free?


After feeling disappointed by Assassins Creed: Syndicate, I wasn't exactly too fussed about Assassins Creed: Origins until I saw it at E3. I was glad that Ubisoft took a year out to make this one, and it looks great! I mean I won't get overhyped for it, but it looks very fresh. The setting of Egypt looks amazing and truly beautiful, and I'm looking forward to the hunting mechanic returning. We may be getting some fresh story coming to the franchise as well, as the trailers hint at the origins of the Assassins. If that weren't evident from the title of course.

Bethesda's conference was great as always, and Wolfenstein: The New Colossus was the best of the bunch. I loved the last game, it was just so fun. Sure there was a narrative, but that wasn't something I gave a care about. The amazing guns and the amount of carnage you could muster up was always so fun, and the crazy settings were a highlight too. With this one we go back to Nazi occupied America once again and things looks even more insane than usual. It looks more like an evolution of the first game, but I'm more happy that I just get to return to this world and just enjoy myself. 


Sony had some great reveals, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will be fantastic for sure - it's DLC where we join old friend Chloe in a new adventure, and I'm honestly just excited to play more Uncharted. Sony's new Spiderman game looks amazing and I hope they do a similar Arkham Asylum type story with it - I have to compliment the graphics on this one too. Nintendo have announced that Game Freak is developing a Nintendo Switch Pokemon RPG which I'm massively excited about. My favourite game ever is Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, and I'm hoping this is a follow up to that. Fingers crossed. We also had some gameplay revealed from Sea of Thieves and Skull and Bones, two pirate games I'm sure will please many. The co-op prison escape game A Way Out looks massively interesting and I'm excited to see where that goes. 

But my biggest excitement of this year's E3 goes straight to the highly anticipated Crackdown 3, which I have waited so long for. It's coming out in November, with the launch of the XBOX One X, so that should be a great bundle to buy. The Crackdown series has always been one of my favourites, and I'm so excited to get back into it's world. Everything is destructible, there are plenty more orbs to collect and the best part is that Terry Crews promoted the game in the new trailer. I think, and I think it's fair to say that everyone will have to start saving after this E3. My bank account is going to be very empty.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Published Work

Examining Edgar

For me, comedy films these days have really lost their way. Whether that’s down to actors, bad scripts or, in general, unfunniness, the...