My Favourite Actors

03:12


So for my second 'High Five,' I'm giving the spotlight to my favourite actors. Now, I've got a lot as you can see from the honourable mentions, so the ones in my top five are definitely special and took some time in deciding the list. So without fourth ado, enjoy!

Honourable mentions: Ian McShane, Mark Hamill, Michael Keaton, Edward Norton, Marlon Brando, Kyle MacLachlan, Peter Dinklage, Andrew Lincoln, John Simm, Sharlto Copley, Jeff Goldblum, Karl Urban, David Tennant, Michael Cera, Riz Ahmed, Jared Leto, Charlie Cox, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Tom Hardy, Martin Sheen, John Goodman.


5) Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class, Prometheus, 12 Years a Slave, Inglorious Basterds)
Mr Fassbender here earns the fifth spot for being so good at everything. I first saw him in First Class, my favourite X-Men film and from then on he has appeared in so many of my favourite films playing all kinds of characters. He's a popular one, and I've always had a lot of respect for him. He's incredibly talented and I can't wait to see what he gets up to next.


4) Christoph Waltz (Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained, The Green Hornet, Spectre)
Waltz has always been one of my top favourites. Ever since I saw Django I was enthralled with his performance as Dr King Schultz and I was so pleased with his Oscar win for it. I'd seen him in other films before but just not recognised him. He's had some bad opportunities recently with Spectre and such but that doesn't stop him from playing either a scary villain or a well spoken dentist/bounty hunter.


3) Jack Nicholson (Batman, The Shining, The Departed)
If you haven't seen a film with Jack in it, you haven't lived. Every performance he gives is either brave, haunting and overall spectacular. He's by far my favourite Joker just for the comical yet loveable performance he gave and was the real star of the show for Tim Burton's Batman. As Jack in The Shining he was utterly terrifying and from that I realised he is the best actor for his use of facial expressions. Truly amazing. Has anyone noticed that he's usually called Jack in his films?


2) Jake Gyllenhaal (Donnie Darko, Nightcrawler, Nocturnal Animals)
The most underrated actor in Hollywood. He get's a lot of hate from some people, but I on the other hand think he's just as scary as Jack Nicholson. After seeing Nightcrawler, a very underrated film, I was blown away by his creepy Joker-like performance (he's my top pick for the role). Being so good as a young actor from Donnie Darko to just lately being one of the best parts of the recent Nocturnal Animals, I feel like Jake needs some more opportunities and a lot more praise.


1) Ryan Gosling (Drive, Only God Forgives, The Nice Guys, The Notebook, La La Land)
And so my favourite ever actor is Ryan Gosling. Predictable? Maybe. Every film he's in he pulls off such an incredible job. I discovered his talents in one of my favourite films, Drive, in which I felt his performance made the film for me. From then on I was enthralled by everything he did. He can go from such a serious role to an absolutely comedic one just like that - his performance in The Nice Guys being my favourite of last year. Whilst his singing is questionable I've got a huge man crush for this dude. I'm super excited to see him in this year's Blade Runner 2049 and I heard that he was close to playing the Joker in Suicide Squad. That would have been real interesting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Published Work

Examining Edgar

For me, comedy films these days have really lost their way. Whether that’s down to actors, bad scripts or, in general, unfunniness, the...